Friday 20 April 2007

NOT ONE OF MY BEST

anticant writes: I awoke at 4am with a recurrence of kidney pains - not as acute as previously, thank goodness, but bad enough to necessitate spending most of the day in Outpatients, attended by the faithfully patient ben, where they diagnosed another [new?] stone wending its way down from my left kidney through my bladder to the long-suffering exit. A tedious waste of a lovely day, not improved by the mental mayhem and nausea induced by necessary but nasty pain killers.

Back at the burrow, the Beadle anxiously spring-cleaned the Snug, polishing the brassware to a new level of mirror-shininess, and creating a place of honour over the bar anticipating the arrival of his definitive image now being crafted by burrow portraitist [By Appointment] Miss lavenderblue.

Let's hope the fine weather forecast for the coming weekend will bring a finer state of health for the currently somewhat fragile anticant.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strength to you Anti. Enjoy as much of the beautiful weekend as is possible. The weather has finally broken and the temp is finally representative of the date. Unfortunately I will be stuck in an artificially lighted concert hall for most of the weekend.
Best,
ranger

Richard W. Symonds said...

Thoughts are with you...

Bodwyn Wook said...

AUNTY, I am sorry to read! What sort of stones do you precipitate (that's post-modern American for /cast/)?
My sister went through a rash of these in connexion with pregnancies, in her fecundity, and found that cranberry juice is a very nice beverage, if one is trying to drink lots & rinse one of these things through. Something about the Ph-level.... I don't know if they import that in England & I expect it might be a ghastly price -- but, it's just a thought. Maybe a pear-cider would do? All the best, Anticant, Wook, Urological Quack & MD (Mad Dastard)

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping you're health is restored as soon as is possible. Thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...

Anticant !
You will be absolutely perfect, as ever.
I am , as we speak, getting ready to do the Beadle.............love to you xxx

Anonymous said...

Ooops, scuse "you're" health in my above post.

Bodwyn Wook said...

I Say, is that what Mr Nick Park should have referred to as 'the wrong trousers'?

Wook

Anonymous said...

In a word, maybe.

anticant said...

Fear I'll never be perfect, dear lavender, but it isn't for want of trying!

Yes, Emmett, I do like cranberry juice. Thanks for the tip.